Our Coalition's mission is to educate the surrounding
community on the signs of human trafficking and how to stop it. We also stand with survivors of human trafficking by
being a welcoming resource to get help.
1. Raise awareness in the community about domestic human
trafficking in Southwest Missouri.
2. Provide education to key community leaders (i.e. law enforcement, attorneys, medical and mental health providers, educators, government officials, faith-based organizations, community groups, etc.) on what defines human trafficking, the local prevalence of the issue, and how to identify and assist victims and survivors of human trafficking.
3. Emphasize prevention of human trafficking by:
A) identifying risk factors, including substance abuse and interpersonal violence;
B) identifying vulnerable individuals, including youth; C) educating those individuals and groups on strengthening protective factors and reducing risk factors.
4. Promote community collaboration around the topic of human trafficking, including sharing information, providing training, and identifying and assisting victims of human trafficking.
5. Support Survivors: Advocate for and support survivors of human trafficking on their journey toward wholeness and to connect victims of human trafficking to agencies who have the resources to meet their needs.
Stand Against Trafficking Coalition was birthed out of the merger of two groups in Springfield, Missouri, who were both working to address the issue of human trafficking. One group was a grassroots effort by individuals whose passion for the issue led them to raise money in order to host a local conference;
the other group was a subcommittee of the Violence Free Families
coalition, working on projects to educate and inform the community about trafficking.
When these two groups decided to combine and join their efforts, the impact expanded exponentially. Over the past several years, the coalition has built its capacity and established itself as a resource for trafficking prevention in Greene County. The work of the coalition involves collaboration from multiple community agencies and organizations as well as individuals in the community, all who have a desire to fulfill the mission.
“A CATALYST FOR CHANGE AND A VALUED RESOURCE FOR SOLVING ISSUES IN SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI,
AND THE SURROUNDING REGION.”
Support the fight against human trafficking in Southwest Missouri with a tax-deductible donation
Join us the first Monday of each month at 12:00 p.m. for our monthly meeting!
You can attend in-person
or on Zoom!
Over the Phone
Text "info" or "help" to us at: